❮ Back to Help Center

Do I have to close my account if I move out of state?

Absolutely not! Many day-to-day transactions can be managed through Online Branch or Mobile Banking. Additionally, Mountain America participates in a national credit union network called Shared Branching. With more than 5,000 locations nationwide, Shared Branching allows you to conduct a range of transactions: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and transfers between accounts. There are no fees for most transactions; however, a few may require a small fee.

When you visit a Shared Branching location, make sure you have:

  • Your credit union name
  • Your account number
  • A valid government-issued photo identification such as a state driver's license, state I.D., U.S. passport, Mexican Matricular Consular Card, etc.

Click here to find a CU Service Center near you.